England Athletics value the importance of competitive road running opportunities for athletes seeking first time international experience as well as those looking to further develop themselves through international competition.
The course is fast (Max. elevation 13 m, Min. elevation -11m, elevation gain 89m, loss 99m) and includes sections through the town and also out the Antrim Coast (Home of Game of Thrones) with possibly the fastest finish to any road race in the UK. The race has seen some fantastic performances from domestic and international fields in recent years including wins for Antrim Coast Half Marathon.
To be considered for selection, athletes must satisfy the following:
I. Be a England Athletics registered athlete and be eligible to compete for England (i.e. full British
II. Have achieved one of the stated qualification standards within the qualification period.
|MEN 1:06:00||WOMEN 1:17:00|
SELECTION PROCESS & CRITERIA
- The team will be selected week beginning 6th June 2022
- Up to a maximum of four men and four women athletes may be selected.I
- The first female and first male English athlete at the 2022 England Athletics Half Marathon Championships will be offered automatic selection provided they have met one of the above selection standards. The 2022 England Athletics Half Marathon Championships will take place at Run Gatwick Half Marathon on 8th May 2022.
- The remaining selection will be made from athletes who have completed the expression of interest form below.
- The selection panel will consider athletes who meet the qualification standards dating back to
01/01/21, but current form and fitness, head to heads and competitions up to and including midnight 5th June 2022 will be considered when making selections.
- In exceptional circumstances only England Athletics reserve the right to select athletes without a current standard.
There shall be no right of appeal to the selection of the England Team made by the Selection Panel. The provisions of the UK Athletics Selection and Nomination “Fast” Appeals Procedure” do not apply to the England team selections for the Antrim Coast Half Marathon.
Any selected athlete with doubts over their fitness in the lead up to the race may be required to evidence a fitness test. England Athletics reserve the right to deselect athletes who the selection panel feel are not fit or competitive enough in the final month before the event.
Athletes who withdraw themselves for reasons other than illness or injury may also be liable to cover the costs of their flights or a change of name to the ticket where there is the option to substitute.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Please complete the expressions of interest form at this link no later than midnight Sunday 5th June 2022 – https://forms.gle/GQDWxgP6qDDhk3Sz6