Women’s Elite Race (to date).
Ethiopian trio target fastest ever Half Marathon on the Antrim Coast.
Elite Entry Yalemzerf Yehualaw finished 2nd in the recent Istanbul Half-Marathon World Record, in a new personal best and 2nd fastest all-time 64:40. Yalemserf held off 2 time World Champion Helen Obiri, and will now target the superfast Antrim Coast Half Marathon immediately after the Olympic Games.
- 2 times 4th place at World Championships
- Set course record in New Delhi half marathon in 66:00
- The Ethiopian teammate of Yalemzerf will target the 5000m/10,000m double before targeting the Antrim Coast Half Marathon
- Similar to Yalemzerf showing brilliant 2021 form already with 2 wins in World Athletics Cross Country Permit Series in Italy’s ‘Campaccio XC in San Giorgio su Legnano’ and ‘ Cinque Mulini in San Vittore Olana’
- Ethiopian training partner (to above)
- 3rd in World Juniors.
Also lining up in the Women’s race will be one of Great Britain’s all-time greats, Jo Pavey (5 x Olympian and European Champion, World & Commonwealth Medallist).
Also confirmed, last year’s 2nd placer GB’s Sam Harrison, GB’s Tracey Barlow, Irish Olympian Maria McCambridge, Gladys Ganiels, and Northern Ireland’s Jessica Craig.
Men’s Elite Race (to date).
Targeting first sub 60min with 4 x men
Tesfahun Aklnew (Ethiopia)
- 59:22 in New Delhi half marathon in 2020 and current fastest in field
- Former 2nd African U20’s 5000m
Victor Kiplangat (Uganda)
- 16th in last year’s world championships
- 59.26 in New Delhi in 2020
Shadrack Kimining (Kenya)
- 59:27 and 3rd Houston Half marathon 2020
Abrar Osman (Eritrea)
- 59:47 Lisbon in 2019, 2:07 marathon (Valencia)
- 6th World championships 10,000m
- 7th World half marathon (Cardiff, 2016)
Marc Scott (GB&NI)
Already confirmed sub 60 mins British star and last year 2nd place, European Record holder Marc Scott already confirmed with more Men’s Elite Athletes still to be announced.
- 2ND ALL TIME FASTEST Britain 10,000m
- 2nd in last year’s race 60:39
- 2 x European Record Holder
Paul Pollock (Ire)
- NI Commonwealth Games, Rio Olympian
- 62:10 Half marathon, 2:10 marathon
Entry for the Main Race is still open.