Kids’ Run Terms & Conditions 2023
- When registering each participant must sign the waiver and terms and conditions before participating in the event.
- By registering for the Antrim Coast Half Marathon, as part of our service agreement with you, we will email you confirmation of your booking and keep you updated with any crucial event information.
- The event is run under IAAF rules.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, non-transferable and non-deferable. No exceptions.
- You have the option of transferring your entry details to another runner up until 8pm on 31st July 2023. Following this date transfers will no longer be accepted.
- Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate, you may not give or sell your race number to anyone else.
- You may purchase insurance at the time of registration which permits you to claim back your entry fee should you no longer be able to participate.
- You may not transfer your entry fee to an alternative event.
- The sale, swapping or bartering of Antrim Coast Half Marathon Kids Race Entries or Antrim Coast Half Marathon Kids Race Numbers is strictly forbidden
- If you attempt to sell, swap, or barter your Antrim Coast Half Marathon Kids Race entry or Antrim Coast Half Marathon race number, you may be banned from future Antrim Coast Half Marathon.
- You must be aged between 7 and 16 years to participate in the Antrim Coast Half Marathon Kids race.
- You must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenge of a 600m to 1 mile race. The competitor, who will be of the stipulated age on 26th August 2023, acknowledges that he/she will be participating entirely at his/her own risk and to the extent permitted by the Unfair Contract terms Act 1977. The organiser, Litore Promotions Ltd, will not be liable for any loss, damage, illness, or injury whatsoever directly or indirectly occasioned by or resulting from the negligence, wrongful act or default of the company, its members, employees, or agents or from any other cause including an act of God or the physical condition of the competitor.
- Each participant must only enter if they recognise that they make their best efforts in training for and completing the Kids race. Parents are permitted to run with children under 10years of age but must not pace or impede the race of other competitors.
- You are required to wear an official Antrim Coast Half Marathon Kids race number on the front of your singlet / shirt to participate in the Antrim Coast Half Marathon Kids race.
- When you register for the Antrim Coast Half Marathon Kids Race, this includes official Event Photography and Videography of the day of the race. Official Event Photography and Videography will be used to promote forthcoming Antrim Coast Half Marathon events through advertising, PR to local and national media outlets, our social media platforms, and our website.
- No unofficial vehicles, bikes, in-line skates, skateboards, baby joggers, prams (of any description) will be allowed on the course.
- No non-competitor (children, partner etc.) is allowed to enter the course or cross the finish line with you. Failure to comply may lead to disqualification.
- Animals, whether on a lead or not, are not allowed on the course.
- Personal Trainers, mentors or coaches will not be allowed on the course.
- Competitors are obliged to follow the instructions of Stewards, Race officials or PSNI at all times.
- Competitors must start at the official start Line and complete the full officially measured course.
- Competitors must start the event at an officially sanctioned start time only.
- It is the responsibility of the competitor to familiarise themselves with the event rules and any directions as may be published in the ‘Final Instruction Document’ provided with the Antrim Coast Half Marathon Race information.
- Failure to comply with any of the rules may lead to disqualification.
- Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and entries are NON-TRANSFERABLE after 8pm 31 July 2023. Due to the administration costs there will be no exceptions. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. You may not give or sell your number to anyone else. You may not defer your application to the following year.
- Selling or swapping / attempting to sell or swap race numbers will result in the number being cancelled.
- If the event is cancelled because of circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the event organiser including but not restricted to an act of God, explosion, acts of a public enemy, war, insurrection, terrorist act, or threat of terrorist act, sabotage, epidemic, embargoes, strikes, or death of a leading member of the British Royal Family, then the participant will not be entitled to a refund of the entry fee and compensation of other losses such as travel or accommodation expenses.
- The organiser reserves the right, in our absolute discretion, to cancel, delay or postpone the event due to unforeseen circumstances out of our reasonable control (for example due to adverse weather conditions or as a result of instructions from emergency services). In such cases we will endeavour to warn participants as quickly as possible.
- The organiser reserves the right to alter aspects of the race at any time
- The organiser reserves the right to amend the event format at their discretion. If the event format is changed the participant will not be entitled to any refund and no liability can be taken.
The organisers reserve the right to disqualify any participant in breach of the terms and conditions.
Disqualification can be enforced upon the partaking of any of the following:
- Urination in any area other than that of designated toilets enroute
- Swapping numbers
- Possession of banned item
- Deviation from run route
- Tampering with timing chip
- Refusing to obey the instruction of race official, or who conducts himself/ herself in unsportsmanlike manner, or who uses offensive actions or language to race officials, volunteers, participants, or spectators
Whether you’re taking part in the Antrim Coast Half Marathon for the first time or are a seasoned entrant, our guide to race etiquette has everything you need to know for the day, from good manners to your personal safety.
Before the race:
- Make sure you fill in the details on the back of your race number. On race day pin your race number on. You will be provided with pins, but it’s a good idea to bring some of your own too. Try to avoid folding or covering your race number – it needs to be seen by the race marshals.
- Try not to bring any valuables with you to the event. If anything goes missing or you see anything suspicious, make sure you report it to the nearest race marshal.
- Listen out for announcements in case any race details change, for example if the start time is delayed. In a large crowd, it’s the only way the race organisers will be able to communicate with you and you don’t want to miss anything important, note the wearing of headphones is prohibited as you will not be able to hear any announcements.
- Plan your visits to the toilet carefully as there are likely to be queues near the start of the race.
- Be aware of other people around you as you warm up for the race. If possible, pick an area away from the crowd to stretch.
During the race
- Don’t let friends who aren’t taking part in the race run or cycle alongside you. It can cause problems for the other runners, and you may be accused of having a ‘pacer’ which is banned, and you will be disqualified.
- If you’re overtaking someone else, make sure you leave plenty of room before you move across in front of them.
- Try to avoid stopping suddenly during the race. For example, if you need to tie your laces, move towards the side of the road, and find a safe place to stop first.
- Listen carefully to any instructions you’re given by the race marshals and remember to thank them for their help – most marshals are volunteers who have been kind enough to give up their time.
After the race
- When you cross the finish line, you’ll be directed to an area where the marshals will present you with your well-deserved medal and t-shirt.